I hope yall had a fun and relaxing summer ... I don't know about you, but I feel like it flew by! So, I hope that you'll join me in my state of denial about the end of summer ... as well as for U.S. History this year! I'm not sure if you heard, though I'm assuming you can probably guess thanks to your schedule telling you that you have U.S. History with "A. Razgha", that I am back in the classroom this year, teaching 3 periods of 8th grade U.S. History and spending the other 3 periods as an instructional coach. And wouldn't you know, if you are reading this blog right now, that means that you, my friend, have pulled the golden ticket and were lucky enough to get ME as your teacher! How cool is that?
Seriously though, we have a lot of cool things planned for this year and I'm really excited to see how much you'll learn and how painless it will be - for both of us! There are a few things you need to make sure that you do by the end of our first two days of school.
1. Submit the technology acknowledgement form AND tech survey! We will be using iPads and laptops EVERY DAY in class! If you have a cell phone/tablet/iPod, feel free to bring it to class to use (for educational purposes ONLY) as well. Everyone needs to submit these forms in order to use technology in our classroom!.
2. Look over the syllabus carefully! It's a small document with lots of info and most importantly, tells you about our new grading scale here at Milwee.
3. Sign up for an Edmodo account - it is FREE and I am attaching the group codes for each of my classes to this blog.
4. Take a look around my website and familiarize yourself with it - you will spend more time on this website and Tree of Ed than you will on Facebook this year, I promise you that!
5. Sign up for Remind 101 (free as well YAY!) I'm sure many of you have heard of or used Remind 101 before, but in case you haven't, it is a super neat way for me to send you updates and reminders about upcoming assignments, quizzes, tests and homework RIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! Amazing that even when you're not in school, I can still find a way to bug you! I'm also attaching that sign up code as well.
6. Make sure you have a notebook (preferably spiral notebook) that will be dedicated solely to U.S. History. If you are not able to get a notebook, let me know and I'll make sure to have one for you by the second day of class. This notebook will be your lifeline this year, as any work that is not done digitally will go right into this notebook. GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE!
7. Never be afraid to be yourself, speak your mind, make mistakes and laugh at yourself in my class - this is a safe zone where we will share ideas, learn about U.S. History, each other and ourselves, and grow as students and as people.
No question is too stupid, not matter how small or unimportant it seems - so if you ever have a question, ask!
I'm looking forward to getting to know each and everyone of you and am excited about this awesome year that we're going to have!
Technology Acknowledgment Form & Technology Survey
| || |